shentongroup Vacancy: CHP Technical Engineer
Job Title: CHP Technical Engineer
Location: Andover, Hampshire (preferred but not essential)
This is an opportunity to join our CHP Team in a very important and challenging role. The successful candidate is likely to be an experienced but energetic person with time served on the tools. A mature outlook is needed with the ability to work under pressure and within tight timeframes. A practical and mechanical/electrical background will be essential, with a willingness to learn. Full training and backup support will be given to make a successful post. The candidate would ideally be based out of shentongroup’s HQ in Andover Hampshire although not essential.
A thriving business, with 35 years in the standby power and energy efficiency markets. We have a strong family management structure, and high standards of performance and ethics. We have a mature financial position. We trade from multiple locations around the UK, and you would be part of a team of circa 70 staff.
We have powerful staff development policies, and offer substantial opportunities for stable long term employment.
- Monitoring of CHP fleet – working alongside the service team leasing and reacting to CHP faults, where necessary leasing with clients to overcome, assist with any parts and visits required. (co-ordinating of labour is done by the service team who plan the day to day scheduling in line with PM requirements)
- CHP Fleet – maintaining a high level of availability across the fleet.
- Technical support – support to the Project Managers on new and existing projects, support to the Service Department and remote engineers. (including leasing with TEDOM on any technical issues)
- Engineer Support – leasing and working very closely with our field service engineers, this will include any training needs, specialist tooling requirements etc.
- Client leasing – assisting the Service Department leasing with our clients with regards to technical support and any reports required in resolving situations and problems.
- Product Development & Manufacturer Liaison – working with the existing supply chain to enhance and develop existing product range and responding to requests.
- Support & Reporting – Commercial approach essential in leasing with clients and our engineering team, reporting and working together very closely with our CHP Operations Manager.
This role requires you to be office based, but willing to operate all over the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands if demanded by on-site requirements. Visits to suppliers abroad may be needed from time to time along with overnight stops as necessary.
We Are Looking For:
1. Personal Skills
a) Positive mental attitude
b) Support to the management team
c) Self-motivated, and trustworthy to work effectively with Operations Manager
d) Good interpersonal skills
e) High standards
f) Ability to think on your feet, and function effectively in a fast moving business
g) Comfortable working in a hard driving well motivated team, of very focused people, with robust working relationships
h) Sense of humour essential
2. Experience and Qualifications
b) Strong practical knowledge of LTHW hot water systems, including practical experience of pumps including curves and performance, inverter drives, flow rates, delta T, boiler operations. Heating system strategies and associated BMS controls.
c) Strong practical electrical engineering knowledge of LV power generation and distribution systems, including cable calculations (17th Edition), G59 regulations and competent understanding of circuit diagrams
d) Gas safe understanding along with knowledge of flue design, ventilation calculations and emissions regulations (CO, NOx, etc)
e) Practical knowledge of high level with using Comap control systems.
f) Ability to work with complex equipment such as flue gas analysers, digital water flow and temperature profiling devices, etc
g) Ability to be able to understand costing projects
h) IT / Broadband Network knowledge
i) ECS Card
a) Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification
b) IEE 17th Edition Qualified
- Attractive salary, commensurate with experience & qualifications
- Participation in company-wide performance linked unlimited bonus scheme
- Fully flexible working hours are required, especially given the travelling needed from time to time.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing through company loyalty programme
To express an interest in this role, please send your CV to email@example.com