Job Title: Sales and Technical Support
Set out below is the tasks/jobs and responsibilities that will be expected of you whilst operating as a Sales and Technical Support in the Power Rental department at shentongroup. This list isn’t extensive but covers the main items. It also shows what the overall objective of your role is and who you will be responsible to:
Responsible to: Operations Manager on a day-to-day basis and the Sales & Marketing Director in terms of sales figures
Main Purpose of Job:
To ensure the Power Rental department hits its yearly target. This will mean looking after the Power Rental sales enquiries from existing clients and going to find new business from potential clients on a day-to-day basis
- Handling new enquiries
- Working through the assessment, solution build, proposal, pricing & presentation stages of enquiries
- Following up quotations by phone and face to face visit
- Customer management including office & site based meetings and survey
- Key account sales visits
- Liaising with the operations team on the scheduling of engineers and rental plant
- Tracking sales figures against target
- Liaising with Suppliers when cross-hiring plant
The following attributes are essential to this role:
- Previous experience in selling Rental services in a similar industry
- Knowledge of the basic principles of diesel generators
- Understanding specification documentation and technical drawings.
- Mechanical and electrical principles, best practices, regulations, and requirements.
- Face to face interaction skills particularly relating to sales activities such as closing techniques, understanding requirements, up-selling etc.
- Use of IT systems and windows operating packages.
- Handling of commercial situations such as margins etc.
A mature experienced outlook is needed with the ability to work under pressure within tight timeframes in order to meet regularly reviewed individual and team based Sales Targets. A practical technical background will be essential, with a willingness to learn. Full training and backup support will be given to the successful candidate.
Working hours will be 07.00 – 17.00 Monday – Friday and the normal place of work will be Shenton House, Andover, Hampshire.
This role does not include a company vehicle.
Job description approved by: Sales & Marketing Director
If you feel you have the skills and experience to fulfil this role, please send your CV and a covering email to: [email protected]