Investing in energy efficient equipment like CHP makes sound business and environmental sense, and with the new Carbon Trust and Siemens package, this is now being made easier than ever.
Whilst the Carbon Trust are no longer offering the interest free loans scheme (as of 1st April 2011), the Carbon Trust have now partnered with Siemens Financial Services to offer much more than they ever could before, at extremely competitive rates.
This new package is guaranteed for 3 years, giving businesses much better forecasting abilities as the old Carbon Trust loans scheme was only guaranteed for 12 months at a time.
Key Benefits of the Energy Efficiency Financing Scheme:-
- Now available to both private and public sector organisations.
- All types of projects applicable (see below).
- Financing available for projects as small as £1,000, but with no upper limit.
- Payments can now be made over up to 7 years.
- Payments are now totally flexible and can be tailored to suit you.
- Rental or loan packages available.
- Carbon Trust independent verification of your scheme for your peace of mind.
Types of project that can apply for this funding and independent energy savings verification are:-
- Air Conditioning
- Pipe Insulation
- Compressed Air
- Industrial Process Technologies
- Specialist Production Equipment
So, with the competitive financing rates that are now being offered, the interest is factored into the savings calculations. This means that the savings you make by installing your CHP or other energy saving equipment, will more than cover your monthly / quarterly payments for the scheme.
shentongroup will carry out an initial free desktop study for CHP on your site (for more information click here) and can also supply you with a Carbon Trust calculator which works out how much your scheme will save you in £’s and in tonnes of C02 and also what how long your payback period will be.
If you would then like to go ahead with a scheme using the Carbon Trust financing now offered, we can work with you to make the Carbon Trust application on your behalf if you wish.
This also means that our savings calculations set out to you are independently checked by the Carbon Trust so you can be doubly sure that your scheme will make you the savings predicted.